Write Wisdom, Inc. conducts one-day workshops throughout the year. In our one-day workshops, “Writing Your Life Story” and “What Is Memoir?” we:
- Identify the elements of a memoir: truth versus fiction;
- Read excerpts from well-known memoirs to identify what constitutes a memoir and “what works” for the reader;
- Create a roadmap for your own memoir by defining turning points and heart’s desires;
- Participate in short writing assignments to get you started;
- Share these writing assignments in class and receive feedback from workshop participants.
Participants in Write Wisdom, Inc. workshops may be first-time writers, as well as published authors looking for tips and motivation. Our seminars are limited to 20 participants to allow for individual feedback and attention by the instructor and classmates. The workshops are fun, exciting and motivating.
Each participant is given a detailed syllabus, an annotated bibliography and writing exercises to try in class and at home. The workshops are designed to get you started and to take the fear out of writing. Periodically, check this website for upcoming workshops
Loren has conducted workshops for the Ojai Foundation, the Oaks at Ojai, the Ojai Valley Inn, the UCLA Women’s Alumnae Writers Association, the Japanese American National Museum (Los Angeles), The Museum of Latin American Art (Long Beach), The Pacific Asia Museum (Pasadena), City of Fullerton Museum, Carnegie Art Museum (Oxnard) and the Bowers Museum (Santa Ana).
Loren has presented informative and inspiring talks for Aegis of Granada Hills; the Oaks at Ojai; the Riverside Women’s Republican Club, WomanSage in Irvine, Maravilla Retirement Community, Goleta and the Team of Older Persons Services on:
- Leaving a Legacy
- Why Write a Memoir
- How to Interview Family Members